Duration : 21 Days
Everest High Passes Trek
The Everest high passes trek or Everest three passes trek covers all the three passes of the Everest region namely Renjo la pass, Kongma la pass and Cho la pass. It is the most strenuous and enduring trek but also gives an opportunity to view all the three passes that no other trek offers. Everest high passes trekking is amazing way to explore the natural beauty, scenic landscapes, glaciers, lakes and snow capped mountains from the close range.
Like every other trekking in Everest region, you will be flying from Kathmandu to Lukla then start trekking towards Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche , Dingboche, Nagarjuna and finally arrive at Gorakshep. The beautiful gompas, monasteries and flattering flags, mani walls reflects the culture and tradition of local Sherpa people. First we will be trekking towards Kongma la followed by the Everest Base camp. Observe the scintillating panoramic views of Everest and other Himalayan ranges from the Kalapathhar view point and move ahead towards Cho la to visit the turquoise Gokyo Lake. Passing through the great Renjo la pass, we will then trek back towards to Lukla leaving Marlung behind. Finally we conclude our Everest three passes trek by flying back to Kathmandu.
Everest high passes trek means taking a step ahead towards passing the main three passes at higher altitudes of Everest region. You must be in excellent physical fitness and health condition with never give up attitude for successful completion of the trek. However this three passes trek can be divided into three parts and embarked separately. Get to know the every details of Everest region by joining Everest three passes trek through BUNA treks and define our holiday in Nepal as the real adventure in Himalayas.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private vehicle.
- All your standardMeals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Tea House hotel accommodation during the trek.
- A highly experienced, helpful and friendly government license holder Guide, his food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine.
- Porter if needed.
- Round Trip flight fare Kathmandu – Lukla
- Kathmandu & domestic airport taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla airport for Group and crews.
- National Park permits.
- TIMS (trekkers information management System.)
- All ground transportation.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Personal trekking Equipment (See the trekking equipment page).
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Price Includes’ section.
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).
Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley.
Fly to Lukla (2,804m). Trek to Phakding (2,610m)
Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m)
Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.
Trek to Phorste Thanga (3,680m)
Trek to Machherma (4,470m)
Trek to Gokyo (4,790m)
Trek to Gokyo Ri (5,483m) and back to Gokyo
Trek to Thangna (4,500m)
Cross Cho La pass (5,300m) then trek to Dzongla (4,710m
Trek to Lobuche (4,910m )
Trek to Gorak Shep (5,180m) then hike up to Kalapatthar (5,555m) back to Gorak Shep
Trek to the Everest Base Camp (5,365m) then back to Lobuche (4,910m)
Cross the Kongma La pass (5,535m) and trek to Chukkung (4,710m )
Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,240 m)
Rest and acclimatization day
Day 18 & 19:
Reach the summit of the Island peak (6,187m) and return to Chhukung (4,750m)
Trek to Tengboche (3,860m)
Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m) via Khumjung (3,780 m)
Trek to Lukla (2,804m)
Morning flight back to Kathmandu.
Leisure day and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
Transfer to the international airport for your final flight departure.